Barbin to host Policy Committee hearing on establishing regional detox centers on Thursday in Johnstown
JOHNSTOWN, Aug. 22 – State Rep. Bryan Barbin, D-Cambria/Somerset, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing to discuss establishing regional detox centers throughout the state.
The hearing will be held 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 25 at the Glosser Building, 5th Floor Courtroom, 110 Franklin St., Johnstown 15901.
House Democratic Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, will co-chair the hearing that will examine Barbin’s H.B. 2200, which would aim to establish eight regional detox centers throughout the state to help combat the opioid/heroin epidemic.
The current hearing agenda is:
10 a.m. Welcome and opening remarks
10:10 a.m. Panel from Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Jason Snyder, communications director
- Laura Conrad, legislative director
10:40 a.m. Panel of local officials
- Jeff Lees, coroner, Cambria County
- Kelly Callihan, district attorney, Cambria County
- Tom Chernisky, president commissioner, Cambria County
- Jim Bracken, administrator, Cambria County’s Drug & Alcohol Program
11:30 a.m. Closing remarks