Brown encourages constituents to attend business summit in Harrisburg
Event to highlight successful minority women business owners
HARRISBURG, March 6– State Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown, D-Phila., invites her constituents to come and celebrate minority women in business during the Minority/Women/Disadvantaged Businesses Enterprise Lobby Day in Harrisburg.
The “Entrepreneurial Inclusion Summit and Business Mixer” will take place 11:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, March 20 at the State Capitol.
The agenda is as follows:
- 11:15 a.m. – Gather in Capitol Media Center.
- 11:30 a.m. -11:50 a.m. – Press conference.
- Noon -1 p.m. – Networking session (include lunch) for attendees to talk with purchasing directors from various state departments.
- 1 p.m. – Guests can proceed to House Chamber to be recognized by the Speaker as being present for the business summit.
- 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. – Guests will break into groups to meet with House/Senate leadership and State Government Committee chairmen.
Brown said the event will focus on creating a fair and open environment for businesses owned by minority women across the commonwealth.
“These strong, powerful women are equally a part of the very fabric of our business community and they should have a seat at the table when it comes to every aspect of entrepreneurship in Pennsylvania,” Brown said. “This event also will look at opportunities to improve practices for businesses owned by women, minorities and people of color, the disadvantaged and veterans throughout the commonwealth.
“I encourage everyone to attend and engage in this highly beneficial event.”
Constituents interested in attending can register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mwdbe-lobby-day-tickets-32050391584.