Montgomery County road resurfacing to start this spring
I recently received notification from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation about work to repair and resurface 39 miles of state highway in Montgomery County, scheduled to start this spring.
The roads to be addressed our area are:
- U.S. 422 between Porter Road and the Chester County Line in Lower Pottsgrove Township;
- Limerick Road between Ridge Pike and Township Line Road in Perkiomen and Limerick townships;
- Neiffer Road between Ridge Pike and Pheasant Road in Limerick Township;
- Route 29 (Gravel Pike) between Route 73 (Skippack Pike) and Second Street in Schwenksville, Red Hill, and Green Lane boroughs;
- Route 363 (Trooper Road) between Audubon Road and Germantown Pike in Worcester, Lower Providence, and West Norriton townships;
- Route 663 (Layfield Road) between Route 73 (Big Road) and Hill Road in New Hanover Township; and
- Perkiomenville Road between Route 73 (Big Road) and Route 29 (Gravel Pike) in Upper Frederick Township.
PennDOT will mill and pave the existing roadway surface with new asphalt. The work is expected to be completed in December 2019.