Hill-Evans to host House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on Fair Education Funding on Wednesday in York
YORK, March 2 – As part of House Democrats’ Plan4PA and efforts to put people first, state Rep. Carol Hill-Evans, D-York, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on fair education in the commonwealth.
The hearing will be held 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 7, in the Hannah Penn K-8 School’s auditorium, 415 Boundary Ave. The public is invited to attend.
Hill-Evans will be joined by local school officials, policy experts and state legislators, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, to learn how funding education in an equitable manner will benefit students, educators and the commonwealth as a whole.
The current agenda is:
2:00 p.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
2:10 p.m. Panel One:
- Dr. Eric Holmes, superintendent, York City School District
- Richard Snodgrass, business manager, York City School District
- Dr. Todd Davies, superintendent, West York Area School District
- Dr. Larry Redding, acting superintendent, York Suburban School District
2:40 p.m. Questions from Committee Members
3:10 p.m. Panel Two:
- Dolores McCraken, President, PSEA
- John Callahan, Chief Advocacy Officer, Pennsylvania School Boards Association
3:30 p.m. Questions from Committee Members
3:50 p.m. Closing Remarks
Those interested in learning more can visit http://planforpa.pahouse.com for additional information about the Plan4PA and www.pahouse.com/policycommittee for Policy Committee materials.