Boyle to partner with Fox Chase Cancer Center to offer breast cancer screenings
PHILADELPHIA, July 6 – State Rep. Kevin Boyle announced that he will host breast cancer screenings at his Fox Chase office in late July.
Boyle will partner with the Fox Chase Cancer Center to host his annual mobile mammography event outside of his district office at 9 a.m. Friday, July 21 at 7801 Hasbrook Ave. in Fox Chase. Those interested in receiving a breast screening are required to make an appointment. Appointments are available starting at 9 a.m.
“I am pleased to partner with the Fox Chase Cancer Center to host my annual mobile mammography event,” Boyle said. “It is important that we make these services accessible to those who need them the most. These services are more important now than ever and are under attack if President Trump’s healthcare plan passes Congress. Under 'Trumpcare,' the costs for breast cancer screenings would drastically rise. One in eight American women are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer during her lifetime. This places them in serious jeopardy.”
Additional requirements include:
- Must be 40 or older.
- Name and address of one of your doctors.
- Prescription from your doctor.
- May not be breast feeding nor have breast fed within the last nine months.
- Must not have had a breast cancer diagnosis within the past three years.
- Must not be under treatment for breast cancer.
- Must not have had a mammogram in 12 months.
- Must be able to board the van and stand while being examined.
To make an appointment or for more information, please contact Boyle’s district office at 215-695-1016.