Boyle to partner with Fox Chase Cancer Center to offer breast cancer screenings
PHILADELPHIA, July 3 – State Rep. Kevin Boyle announced he will again partner with Fox Chase Cancer Center to host breast cancer screenings at his Fox Chase office.
The annual mobile mammography event will be held outside of his district office at 9 a.m. Friday, July 20 at 7801-A Hasbrook Ave. Those interested in receiving a breast cancer screening are required to make an appointment.
“Many of us have had either a friend or loved one who has battled this deadly disease. About one in eight women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of their lifetime and some will be diagnosed with it at a young age,” Boyle said. “Early detection is so important in the fight against breast cancer and I am pleased to continue this partnership with Fox Chase Cancer Center to offer these lifesaving screenings.”
Additional requirements include:
- Must be 40 or older.
- Name and address of the patient’s doctor.
- Prescription from a doctor.
- May not be breast feeding nor have breast fed within the last nine months.
- Must not have had a breast cancer diagnosis within the past three years.
- Must not be under treatment for breast cancer.
- Must not have had a mammogram in 12 months.
- Must be able to board the van and stand while being examined.
To make an appointment or for more information, please contact Boyle’s district office at 215-695-1016.