Kinsey to host Secretary Davin in historic northwest Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 7 – State Rep. Stephen Kinsey, D-Phila., will host Dennis M. Davin, secretary of the state Department of Community and Economic Development, to discuss the history, development, and needs of Historic Germantown‘s 16 historic sites at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9 in northwest Philadelphia.
Kinsey and Davin will tour four of the 16 historic houses, destinations, and museums in his district and other parts of northwest Philadelphia. They will first meet at Kinsey’s district office at 5952-54 Germantown Ave.
Following the tour, Kinsey and Davin will meet with the directors of each historic site for a discussion on the significance of keeping the sites alive and preserving the nation’s history.
The tour agenda is:
- 1 p.m. – Arrival at Kinsey’s office
- 1:15 p.m. – Travel to Historic Germantown for tour overview
- Trapeta B. Mayson, executive director, Historic Germantown
- 1:30 p.m. – Tour of historic sites
- Ebenezer Maxwell Mansion
- Johnson House
- 3 p.m. – Meeting at Historic Germantown, 5501 Germantown Ave., with historic site directors
Media coverage is invited.