FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Mike Sturla
Chairman, Democratic Policy Committee
Democratic Policy Committee to hold public hearing on school vouchers Tuesday in Philadelphia
HARRISBURG, Feb. 18 House Democratic Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing on school vouchers from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22 at the Independence Visitor Center, Liberty Ballroom, Sixth and Market streets, Philadelphia.
House Education Committee Democratic Chairman James Roebuck, D-Phila., will be in attendance.
The current agenda for the hearing is:
- 2 p.m. Welcome and opening remarks
- 2:10 p.m. Joe Watkins, chairman, Students First
- 2:30 p.m. Dr. Leroy Nunery, deputy superintendent/deputy CEO, School District of Philadelphia
- 2:50 p.m. Jerry Jordan, president, Philadelphia Federation of Teachers
- 3:10 p.m. Shelly Yanoff, executive director, Public Citizens for Children and Youth
- 3:30 p.m. Lawrence Feinberg, co-chairman, Keystone State Education Coalition
- 3:50 p.m. Panel from REACH Alliance and Foundation: Otto Banks, executive director; Matthew Brouillette, board member; and Phillip Murren of Ball, Murren & Connell
- 4:10 p.m. Mary Rochford, superintendent, Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- 4:30 p.m. Susan Gobreski, executive director, Education Voters of Pennsylvania
- 4:50 p.m. Closing remarks
For more information about the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/PolicyCommittee.
The hearing is open to the public.