FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Mike Sturla
House Democratic Policy Committee to hold public hearing
on Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Tuesday in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, July 12 – House Democratic Policy Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing to examine Pennsylvania’s implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 17 at Drexel University, Paul Peck Alumni Center’s Board Room, corner of 32nd and Market Streets.
State Rep. Tony DeLuca, D-Allegheny, democratic chairman of the House Insurance Committee, will be in attendance. The hearing will look at who is impacted by the federal health care law, including a small-business owner, and where Pennsylvania currently stands in implementation of the law.
The current hearing agenda is:
· 2 p.m. – Welcome and opening remarks
· 2:10 p.m. – Kati Sipp, executive vice president, SEIU Health Care Pennsylvania
· 2:40 p.m. – Laval Miller-Wilson, executive director, Pennsylvania Health Law Project
· 3:10 p.m. – Antoinette Kraus, project director, Pennsylvania Health Access Network
· 3:40 p.m. – Bret Keisling, lawyer, owner, The Keisling Law Offices P.C.
· 4:10 p.m. – Closing remarks
The hearing is open to the public and media coverage is invited.