FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Mike Sturla
State Rep. Flo Fabrizio
Democratic Policy Committee to hold public hearing on
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Tuesday in Erie
ERIE, Aug. 23 – House Democratic Policy Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing to examine Pennsylvania’s implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Aug. 28 at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center, Room 112, 301 Peninsula Drive, Erie.
State Rep. Flo Fabrizio, D-Erie, and Policy Committee Vice Chairman, requested the hearing and will serve as its co-chairman with state Rep. Tony DeLuca, D-Allegheny, Democratic chairman of the House Insurance Committee. Fabrizio also serves on the House Insurance Committee.
The hearing will look at who is impacted by the federal health care law. The current agenda is:
· 10 a.m. – Welcome and opening remarks;
· 10:10 a.m. – Scott Whalen, president/CEO, Saint Vincent Health Systems;
· 10:30 a.m. – Sam Marshall, president/CEO, Insurance Federation of Pennsylvania;
· 10:50 a.m. – Erin-Gill Ninehouser, education and outreach coordinator for western PA, Pennsylvania Health Access Network;
· 11:10 a.m. – Debora Wood, chief operating officer, Adagio Health;
· 11:30 a.m. – Vince Phillips, government affairs professional, Pennsylvania Association of Health Insurance Underwriters;
· 11:50 a.m. – Closing remarks.
The hearing is open to the public and media coverage is invited.