FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Mike Sturla
Chairman, Democratic Policy Committee
State Rep. Ron Waters
Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing
on cemetery regulations Wednesday in Philadelphia
Mount Moriah Cemetery to be discussed
HARRISBURG, Aug. 26 – House Democratic Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing on cemetery regulations from 1 p.m. to
3 p.m. Wednesday in Drexel University's Paul Peck Alumni Center's Board Room, at 32nd and Market streets, Philadelphia.
State Rep. Ronald Waters, D-Delaware/Phila., who requested the hearing, will serve as co-chairman. The hearing will discuss Mount Moriah Cemetery, an historic cemetery in Water's legislative district in southwest Philadelphia, as a case study of whether cemetery regulations can be improved.
The current hearing agenda is:
· 1 p.m. – Welcome and opening remarks
· 1:10 p.m. – Brian Abernathy, chief of staff to the managing director, City of Philadelphia
· 1:40 p.m. – Paulette Rhone, board member, Friends of Mount Moriah Cemetery
· 2:10 p.m. – Harvard Wood, IV, vice president, H.C. Wood Cemetery Memorial Company
· 2:40 p.m. – Closing remarks
The hearing is open to the public and media coverage is invited.