FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Tim Briggs
Rep. Briggs' 3rd annual food drive kicks off today
KING OF PRUSSIA, July 5 State Rep. Tim Briggs, D-Montgomery, announced today that his third annual Summer Food Drive to benefit local food pantries will kick off today and will run through the end of August.
Briggs said food banks often run low in the summer, when not as many food drives are being held. However, there is still significant need for donated food in the summer, especially when students are out of school.
"There is a gap in the summer when students who are eligible for free or subsidized school lunches arent in school," Briggs said. "Without food drives like this, those students might not be getting the meals they need to grow strong and healthy."
Briggs said he hopes his food drive will benefit children in Montgomery County who rely on food programs through the school year, but don't have anything to fall back on during the summer.
"Last year's food drive was a big success," Briggs said. "Residents of the 149th really responded to the need for food and I was very proud to be part of such a giving community."
This year collection bins will be placed at the following drop-off locations throughout the 149th Legislative District:
· Briggs' office 580 Shoemaker Road, Suite 149, in King of Prussia
· Ardmore Library 108 Ardmore Ave. in Ardmore
· Bridgeport Borough Hall 63 W. Fourth St. in Bridgeport
· Upper Merion Township Library 175 W. Valley Forge Road in King of Prussia
· Penn Wynne Library 130 Overbrook Parkway in Wynnewood
· West Conshohocken Borough Hall 112 Ford St. in West Conshohocken