Davis to host Policy Committee hearing on child custody issues Monday in Langhorne
LEVITTOWN, Sept. 13 – State Rep. Tina Davis, D-Bucks will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing on child custody issues at 2 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17 at Middletown Township Municipal Building, 3 Municipal Way, Langhorne.
Davis requested the hearing to examine how child custody issues are being addressed in Pennsylvania. Two bills for custody cases involving domestic violence and child abuse allegations will also be discussed: Davis’ H.B. 956 (updates court procedures) and H.B. 2058 (improves custody and visitation adjudications) that she is co-sponsoring. Davis will be joined by state legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancster.
The current agenda is:
2 p.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
2:10 p.m. Panel One:
- Kathryn Sherlock, mother of Kayden Mancuso
- Danielle Zarenkiewicz, mother
- Danielle Pollack, ambassador, CHILD USA
- Amy Tielemans, president, Pennsylvania Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
2:40 p.m. Panel Two:
- Richard Ducote, attorney
- Lauren Bucksner, managing attorney and director of legal services, A Woman’s Place
- Frank Cervone, executive director, Support Center for Child Advocates
3:20 p.m. Closing Remarks
The meeting is one in a series being held across the state on the House Democrats’ Plan4PA, which focuses on people first and working together to build a stronger Pennsylvania through good jobs, affordable health care, quality schools and a fair economy. Visit plan4pa.com for additional information about the Democrats’ plan and www.pahouse.com/policycommittee for Policy Committee materials.
The media and public are invited to attend.