McCarter to host Policy Committee hearing on the future of nuclear energy Monday
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, April 17 – State Rep. Steve McCarter, D-Montgomery, announced he will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing to discuss the future of nuclear energy and its impact on alternative energy portfolio standards.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, April 22 at the Springfield Township Administration Building, Commissioner’s Meeting Room, 1510 Paper Mill Road, Wyndmoor. The media and public are invited to attend.
McCarter will be joined by state legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
The current agenda is:
2 p.m. Welcome and opening remarks
2:10 p.m. Panel One:
- Steve Aaron, member, Nuclear Powers Pennsylvania
- Chad Trainer, legislative director, Pennsylvania AFL-CIO
- Asim Haque, executive director of strategic policy & external affairs, PJM
2:50 p.m. Panel Two:
- Mark Szybist, senior attorney of Climate & Clean Energy Program, The National Resources Defense Council
- Rob Altenburg, director, PennFuture Energy Center
- Mandy Warner, senior Policy manager of programs, Environmental Defense Fund
- Tom Schuster, senior campaign representative, Sierra Club
3:40 p.m. Closing remarks
The meeting is one in a series held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on putting people first by growing good jobs, providing health care access, creating quality schools, and providing training for jobs in a fair economy. Additional information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com.
For more information about the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.