House Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing on Marcellus Shale Severance Tax Monday in Harrisburg
HARRISBURG, May 17 – The House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on a possible Marcellus Shale severance tax 10 a.m. Monday, May 22 in the House Democratic Caucus Room, 418 Main Capitol Building, Harrisburg.
State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster and Policy Committee Chairman, will chair the hearing.
The current agenda is:
10 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. Panel One:
- Patrick McDonnell, acting secretary, Pa. Department of Environmental Protection
- Dennis Davin, secretary, Pa. Department of Community and Economic Development
10:40 a.m. Panel Two:
- Gladys Brown, chairman, Pa. Public Utility Commission
- Matthew Knittel, director, Independent Fiscal Office
11:10 a.m. Panel Three:
- Jim Welty, vice president of government affairs, Marcellus Shale Coalition
- Todd Stager, associate vice president, Pennoni
- Kevin Sunday, director of government affairs, Pa. Chamber of Business and Industry
11:50 a.m. Panel Four:
- Rob Altenburg, director, PennFuture Energy Center
- Thomas Au, conservation chair, Sierra Club – Pa. Chapter
12:20 p.m. Closing Remarks
The hearing will stream live at www.pahouse.com.
MEDIA COVERAGE IS INVITED.