Dean to hold Policy Committee hearing on Marcellus Shale Severance Tax Friday in Abington
HARRISBURG, May 30 – State Rep. Madeleine Dean, D-Montgomery, today announced she will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing about a possible Marcellus Shale severance tax 10 a.m. Friday, June 2 at the Abington School District Administration Building, 970 Highland Ave., Abington.
Dean requested the hearing because she is continuing work on legislation that would implement a Marcellus Shale severance tax.
The current agenda is:
10 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. Panel One:
• Pedro Rivera, secretary, PA Department of Education
• Dennis Davin, secretary, PA Department of Community and Economic Development
• Scott Perry, deputy secretary for Oil and Gas, PA Department of Environmental Protection
10:50 a.m. Panel Two:
• Rob Altenburg, director, PennFuture Energy Center
• Jim Wylie, Southeastern PA group chair, Sierra Club – PA Chapter
11:20 a.m. Closing remarks