Readshaw's 18th annual ‘Ride to Gettysburg’ to take place Sept. 22
HARRISBURG, Sept. 20 – State Rep. Harry Readshaw, D-Allegheny, will join his “Readshaw’s Raiders” and other motorcycle riders from around the commonwealth for their 18th annual “Ride to Gettysburg.” The event supports the Pennsylvania Gettysburg Monuments Project, which Readshaw established in 1997 to fund cleaning, repairs and restoration of the battlefield’s monuments and markers to honor Pennsylvania units.
The ride from Harrisburg to Gettysburg will be held Saturday, Sept. 22, rain or shine, and will begin near the fountain outside the Capitol East Wing. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. and the ride will start at 1 p.m.
The event also will feature:
- A welcome ceremony at 12:15 p.m. at Soldiers’ Grove.
- Members of a historic group of women bikers, led by former state Rep. Teresa Forcier, who will serve as the ride marshalls.
- “Slingshot” bikes, including one occupied by Readshaw.
- Participation by state Reps. Bryan Barbin and Dan Moul.
- The God Bless America Motorcycle Color Guard, who will lead the riders to Gettysburg.
Last year, the event drew more than 420 riders.
You can learn more about the event here. You can also call Readshaw's Harrisburg office at 717-783-0411 or visit the Alliance of Bikers Aimed Toward Education PA website at www.abatepa.org.
Media coverage is invited.