Roebuck invites west Philly to free June 19 HIV testing, health screenings
PHILADELPHIA, June 11 – State Rep. James Roebuck, D-Phila., invites west Philadelphia residents to a free HIV testing and health screening event from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday, June 19 at his office, 4712 Baltimore Ave.
"To promote public health and awareness of HIV, I will host a van at my office where you can receive free HIV testing and free health information – as well as free health screenings by trained nursing students," Roebuck said. "No appointment is necessary, and there's no need to bring an insurance card – just bring identification."
Roebuck said key reasons to get tested include:
- Almost one in five Americans who have HIV don't know it.
- Early intervention means a healthier life: If you do have HIV, the key to living a healthy life is being diagnosed early.
- Knowing your status protects you and your partner, even if you are both positive.
- Knowing your status lets you make informed decisions, including steps you can take during pregnancy.
- It lets you ask the right questions to take control of your health.
- Knowing your status helps you get the most out of your doctor visits.
For more information, please call Roebuck's office at 215-724-2227.