Roebuck co-hosting 3rd Annual MLK Day of Raising Consciousness at West Philadelphia High School
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 11 – State Rep. James Roebuck, D-Phila., will co-host the Third Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Raising Consciousness, which will begin at 9:15 a.m. Monday, Jan. 16 at West Philadelphia High School, 4901 Chestnut St.
This year's theme is "Post 2016 Election: Surviving and Thriving in our Community and School." Roebuck, Democratic chairman of the House Education Committee, and the high school are jointly sponsoring the event.
The schedule is as follows:
9:15 a.m. - Sign-in and refreshments
10 a.m. - Program:
- Guest speaker
- Student panel discussion and spoken word presentations
- Alumni participation
- Words of encouragement from area elected officials
12:30 p.m. - Choice of:
- School tour for alumni and community members
- FAFSA (federal financial-aid form) workshop for seniors and their parents
- Career and college workshop for juniors and seniors