House Democratic Policy Committee to hold public hearing on fees for state police coverage Friday in Philadelphia
HARRISBURG, March 15 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing to discuss fee schedules for municipalities that do not have local police forces and currently receive free coverage from the Pennsylvania State Police.
Chaired by Sturla, the hearing will be held 10 a.m. Friday, March 17 at Philadelphia City Hall, City Council Chambers, Room 400, 1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
The current hearing agenda is:
10 a.m. - Welcome and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. - Panel One:
- Leslie Richards, Secretary, Pa. Department of Transportation
- Richard Vilello, Deputy Secretary of Community Affairs, Pa. Department of Community and Economic Development
- Ronald Stern, Local Government Policy Specialist, Pa. Department of Community and Economic Development
- Lt. Col. Stephen Bucar, Deputy Commissioner of Staff, Pa. State Police
- Major Patrick Brinkley, Director of the Bureau of Research and Development, Pa. State Police
10:50 a.m. - Panel Two:
- Ernie McNeely, Township Manager, Lower Merion Township
- Roman Pronczak, Township Manager, Whitpain Township
11:20 a.m. - Panel Three:
- Bob Latham, Executive Vice President, Associated Pennsylvania Constructors
- Abe Amoros, PA Legislative Director, Laborers’ International Union of North America – Mid-Atlantic Region
11:50 a.m. - Closing Remarks
MEDIA COVERAGE IS ENCOURAGED.