1. The No. 1 reason health-care costs are increasing is?
Uninsured people using the emergency room as the "family doctor"
Medical malpractice lawsuits forcing hospitals to order extra tests
Insurance companies holding on to large surpluses of cash
Businesses not offering health insurance and putting more people on the public assistance programs
State's citizens are aging and requiring more expensive care
2. Should small businesses be able to join together and shop for insurance as a group, using the concept of "bulk purchasing" to lower costs and improve coverage?
3. What is the best way to improve access to health care in rural areas?
Tuition forgiveness to doctors who serve in rural areas
Giving nurse practitioners a larger role in patient care
Encourage existing offices to have night and weekend hours
4. What is the best way to reduce medical errors and hospital infections?
Refuse to reimburse hospitals with high error and infection rates
Create a statewide quality control council that will provide training
Use education and tax incentives to put more nurses on the job to guarantee safe staffing levels
5. Should companies who encourage employees to use state benefits instead of offering private insurance be required to help pay for that coverage
6. What is the best way to pay for insurance coverage for the uninsured?
Cigarette, cigar and smokeless tobacco taxes
Taxing businesses that don't offer coverage
Dedicated sales tax earmarked for health care