The House Democratic Policy Committee holds public hearings and meetings across the state and serves as the catalyst to enacting major policy initiatives put forth by members of the House Democratic Caucus. State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, was chosen by the caucus to lead this committee. The committee typically holds hearings outside of Harrisburg to investigate local impact of certain issues and collect valuable expert input.
To judge the local impact state issues have in certain regions and collect valuable public input, the Policy Committee travels throughout the state to hold public hearings. Check back here regularly for the Committee's hearing schedule and collected testimony.
Follow Chairman Sturla on Twitter to be the first to know when hearings are announced.
- When: Tuesday, July 22 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Monessen High School, Auditorium, 1245 State Road, Monessen
- What: Education and Economic Development (Agenda)
- When: Wednesday, July 23 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Community College of Allegheny County's Allegheny Campus, Foerster Student Services Center, Auditorium Outer Area, Second Floor, 808 Ridge Avenue, Pittsburgh
- What: Jobs and Workforce Development (Agenda)
- When: Monday, July 28 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Lycoming College, Welch Honors Hall, Corner of East Fourth & Basin Streets, Williamsport
- What: House Bill 2318
- When: Tuesday, July 29 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Limerick Township Building, Meeting Room, 646 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick
- What: Jobs and the Economy
- When: Wednesday, July 30 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Philadelphia City Hall, Room 400, Broad & Market Streets, Philadelphia
- What: House Bill 1250
- When: Thursday, July 31 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Chancellor Center, Board Room, 30 N. Chancellor St., Newtown
- What: House Bill 1959
Archive of Hearings
The below table lists this session's Policy Committee hearings to date. For more information about a specific hearing, click on its date for a media advisory, its location for a news release, and its topic for testimonies and materials collected at the hearing.
Policy Committee Members
- Mike Sturla, Chairman
- Matt Bradford, Vice Chair
- Scott Conklin, Vice Chair
- Paul Costa, Vice Chair
- Pamela A. DeLissio, Vice Chair
- Marc J. Gergely, Vice Chair
- Jaret A. Gibbons, Vice Chair
- Patrick J. Harkins, Vice Chair
- Deberah L. Kula, Vice Chair
- Mark A. Longietti, Vice Chair
- Richard Mirabito, Vice Chair
- Cherelle L. Parker, Vice Chair
- Eddie Day Pashinski, Vice Chair
- John P. Sabatina, Vice Chair
- Jake Wheatley, Vice Chair
- Bryan Barbin
- Louise Williams Bishop
- Ryan A. Bizzarro
- Kevin J. Boyle
- Brendan F. Boyle
- Tim Briggs
- Vanessa Lowery Brown
- Michelle Brownlee
- Frank Burns
- Thomas R. Caltagirone
- James W. Clay Jr.
- Mark B. Cohen
- Dom Costa
- Peter J. Daley II
- Mary Jo Daley
- Margo Davidson
- Tina Davis
- Madeleine Dean
- Dan Deasy
- Anthony M. DeLuca
- Frank Dermody
- Maria P. Donatucci
- Florindo J. Fabrizio
- Dan B. Frankel
- Robert L. Freeman
The House Democratic Policy Committee created the Democratic Caucus's Policy Agenda for the
2013-2014 Legislative Session. Click here for details.
Jim Dawes - Executive Director, 717-772-0036
Angela Fitterer - Policy Advisor, 717-772-9967
Eric Mock - Policy Analyst, 717-783-0450
Ryan McIlmoyle - Research Analyst, 717-787-3536
Michelle Bohnke - Office Manager, 717-787-3555