FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Mike Sturla
Chairman, Democratic Policy Committee
State Rep. Maria Donatucci
Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing on pending oil refinery closings Thursday in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 17 – Democratic Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing on the pending closings of southeast Pennsylvania’s oil refineries from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23 in the National Constitution Center’s F.M. Kirby Auditorium, 525 Arch St. Philadelphia.
State Rep. Maria Donatucci, D-Phila./Delaware, requested the hearing and will serve as co-chair. The hearings will focus on the closings’ effects on jobs and the community.
The current hearing agenda is:
· 10 a.m. – Welcome and opening remarks
· 10:10 a.m. – Nancy Minor, vice president, United Steelworkers 10-1
· 10:40 a.m. – Dave Miller, executive vice president, United Steelworkers 10-901
· 11:10 a.m. – Abraham Amoros, PA legislative director, Laborers’ International Union of North America
· 11:40 a.m. – Public comments
· 12:20 p.m. – Closing remarks
The hearing is open to the public and media coverage is invited.