FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Mike Sturla
State Rep. Greg Vitali
House Democratic Policy Committee to hold public hearing
on climate change Thursday in Philadelphia
HARRISBURG, June 5 – House Democratic Policy Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing on climate change from 10 a.m. to
12:30 p.m. Thursday, June 7 at the Independence Seaport Museum, 211 S. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia.
State Rep. Greg Vitali, D-Delaware, requested the hearing and will serve as co-chairman. The current hearing agenda is:
· 10 a.m. – Welcome and opening remarks
· 10:10 a.m. – Dr. Richard Alley, professor of geosciences, Penn State University
· 10:40 a.m. – Panel on regional impacts of climate change:
Ø Dr. Christopher Crockett, deputy commissioner of planning and environmental science, Philadelphia Water Department
Ø Dr. Jonathan Barnett, professor of city/regional planning, University of Pennsylvania
Ø Dr. Danielle Kreeger, science director, Partnership for the Delaware Estuary
· 11:40 a.m. – Lauren Wolfe, campaign manager, Operation Free
· 12:00 p.m. – Panel on policy options:
Ø John Hanger, former secretary of Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and former commissioner of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
Ø Joe Cullen, senior policy advisor, Center for Climate Strategies
· 12:30 p.m. – Closing remarks
The hearing is open to the public and media coverage is invited.
For more information on the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/PolicyCommittee.