FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Rep. Mike Sturla
Chairman, Democratic Policy Committee
State Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown
Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing on legislation that requires cell phone warning labels Thursday in Philadelphia
HARRISBURG, Aug. 29 – House Democratic Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing on legislation that would require warning labels on cell phones from 10 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Sept. 1 in Drexel University's Paul Peck Alumni Center's Board Room, at 32nd and Market Streets, Philadelphia.
State Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown, D-Phila., requested the hearing and will serve as co-chair. Brown has introduced House Bill 1408, which would require warning labels on cell phones to alert consumers of potential health dangers of microwave radiation.
The current hearing agenda is:
· 10 a.m. – Welcome and opening remarks
· 10:10 a.m. – Ellen Marks, director of government & public affairs, Environmental Health Trust
· 10:40 a.m. – Dr. Ronald B. Herberman, founding director emeritus, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
· 11:10 a.m. – Gerard Keegan, director of state legislative affairs, CTIA-The Wireless Association
· 11:40 a.m. – Closing remarks
The hearing is open to the public and media coverage is invited.