News for Immediate Release
Dec. 18, 2009
Harrisburg - State agencies housed at the Pittsburgh State Office Building, 300 Liberty Ave., today began to relocate to three new downtown locations.
The new locations are 11 Stanwix St.; 411 Seventh Ave., Chamber of Commerce Building, which is designated as a "customer service center" that will house state agencies having the most interaction with the public; and 301 Fifth Ave. (Piatt Place).
Nearly 800 employees in 19 agencies are affected by the series of moves, which will be completed in February.
Offices will relocate on Fridays and reopen for business at their new location the following Monday. Interruption in services will be minimal.
A schedule for the planned move date/open for business date at each location is as follows:
- To 11 Stanwix St.:
- Dec. 18/21 – departments of Labor & Industry (Unemployment Compensation Tax Services), State and Health;
- Dec. 28/30 – departments of Public Welfare (Adult Residential Licensing; Office of Child Development; Office of Children, Youth & Families; Financial Operations, Long-Term Living), Banking and Revenue (Enforcement);
- Feb. 5/8 – Department of the Auditor General.
- To 411 Seventh Ave., Chamber of Commerce Building, Customer Service Center:
- Jan. 8/11 – Department of Revenue (Tax Assistance & Recovery);
- Jan. 15/18 – PennDOT Driver’s License Examination Center;
- Jan. 22/25 – State Police, departments of Labor & Industry (Worker’s Compensation) and Health (Vital Records);
- Jan. 29/Feb. 1 – Civil Service Commission.
- To 301 Fifth Ave. (Piatt Place):
- Jan. 8/11 – departments of Conservation & Natural Resources, General Services, Labor & Industry (Labor Law Compliance, Labor Relations Board, Mediation, Unemployment Compensation Board) and the Human Relations Commission;
- Jan. 22/25 – Department of Public Welfare (County Assistance Office, Office of Development Programs, Office of Mental Health/Substance Abuse), and the Environmental Hearing Board;
- Jan. 29/Feb. 1 – Department of Public Welfare (General Counsel, IRED, Equal Opportunity, Call Center);
- Feb. 5/8 – Securities Exchange Commission, departments of Education, Community & Economic Development., the Board of Probation & Parole, Governor’s Office, Public Utility Commission, PennDOT General Counsel.