2024–25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®): What You Need to Know:  

(May 02, 2024)

2024–25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ® ): What You Need to Know: There are major changes to the 2024–25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ® ) form. The new FAFSA form is now available. On average, it takes about 30 minutes to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. The 2024–25 FAFSA form will expand eligibility for federal student aid. What You Can Do Now : Watch the “2024–25 FAFSA FAQs” playlist to better for a look at what has changed on the new form. Use the Federal Student Aid Estimator to get an estimate of what your aid could be once the FAFSA is completed. If you did not submit a 2023–24 FAFSA form, make sure to create your StudentAid.gov account —and remember your username and password so you can access and submit the 2024–25 FAFSA form when it’s available. Find out if your parent(s) or spouse will need to be contributors (contribute their info on your FAFSA form). If your parent(s) or spouse will need to contribute to your form, make sure each contributor creates their own StudentAid.gov account . Watch our “Preparing for the FAFSA Form” to better understand what information and documents you’ll need to complete the FAFSA form. 2024–25 FAFSA ® Deadlines : Read more


Prokopiak takes the oath of office

(Mar 18, 2024)

HARRISBURG, March 18 – Surrounded by his family, Jim Prokopiak was sworn in today as the state representative of the 140 th Legislative District in Bucks County. Prokopiak won the special election on Feb. 13 to fill the remainder of the term vacated by John Galloway, who was elected district judge in November. “I am ready to serve the people of the 140 th District,” Prokopiak said. “There are many issues important to our residents and our local neighborhoods and I am set to work in Harrisburg toward a solution to these problems.” Prokopiak will retain Galloway’s former office at 8610 New Falls Road in Levittown. The phone number for his office is (215) 943-7206. His email address is RepProkopiak@pahouse.net . Prokopiak comes to the job with a wealth of experience, having served on the Falls Township Board of Supervisors from 2002-2009 and as a member of the Pennsbury School District board from 2021-2024. “I have already begun working on behalf of the residents in my district,” Prokopiak said. “PennDOT is already repairing roads that were flagged by residents contacting my office.” An attorney by trade, Prokopiak studied and received his undergraduate degree at West Chester University. He then graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law. He and his wife, Gail, have three Read more


Rep.-elect Prokopiak issues statement on shooting in Falls Township

(Mar 16, 2024)

Falls Township, PA – State Rep.-elect Jim Prokopiak today issued the following statement on a shooting and subsequent shelter in place this morning in Falls Township: "I am horrified and heartbroken over this terrible tragedy that took place in our community this morning. My family and I are praying for the loved ones of the victims who were killed. "I want to thank Falls Township police for their swift response to ensure the public's safety by ordering a shelter in place, and I also thank our neighbors who abided by the police's directive. This has been a frightening experience for our community but I'm grateful that our streets are safe thanks to our first responders. "I will continue to monitor the situation and I am ready to help in any way I can." Read more


PA Treasury could be holding your unclaimed property

(Mar 01, 2024)

Each year, the Pennsylvania Treasury receives millions of dollars of unclaimed property. It is estimated that roughly one in 10 Pennsylvanians has unclaimed property. Unclaimed property may include: Closed bank accounts Uncashed checks, including paychecks Lost stocks and bonds Contents of safe deposit boxes Proceeds from the demutualization of insurance companies Expired gift cards/gift certificates To find out if you have unclaimed property, search your name in the Unclaimed Property database at https://www.patreasury.gov/unclaimed-property/ or call 1-800-222-2046. There is NO CHARGE to claim your unclaimed property. Read more


Children's Health Insurance Program is here to help

(Mar 01, 2024)

Pennsylvania has a Children's Health Insurance Program that provides free and low-cost health care insurance to children. CHIP is not welfare – it covers children of working parents whose employers don't offer coverage and who can't afford private insurance. If you can't afford health insurance for your children, chances are they are eligible for CHIP. It's easy to sign up for CHIP If you think your children are eligible for CHIP, you can sign them up by calling 1-800-986-KIDS or visit www.chipcoverspakids.com . You can also contact my office for questions about your situation. What does CHIP cover? Immunizations Routine Check-ups Diagnostic Testing Prescriptions Dental, Vision, Hearing Services Emergency Care Maternity Care Mental Health Benefits Up to 90 Days Hospitalization in any Year Durable Medical Equipment Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Partial Hospitalization for Mental Health Rehabilitation Therapy Home Health Care Does my family qualify? The following factors are considered for a child's eligibility for CHIP: The family's income is within certain levels. Must not be eligible for Medicaid or have any other health insurance. Must be under age 19. Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful alien. Must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 30 days, except for a newborn. Read more


REAL ID Applications

(Mar 01, 2024)

PennDOT has announced that the requirement for proof of Social Security Number for REAL ID products will expand to include additional documents. Per federal regulations, customers wishing to obtain a REAL ID product must present proof of Social Security Number. PennDOT is now expanding acceptable options beyond a Social Security Card. PennDOT now accepts the following documents as proofs of Social Security Number: Social Security Card. W-2 form. SSA-1099 form. Non-SSA-1099 form. Pay stub with the applicant’s name and full Social Security Number on it. For more information and to get your REAL ID, visit the link here . Read more


Apply for Property Tax/Rent Rebate

(Mar 01, 2024)

Don't miss your chance at a rebate on your property taxes or rent paid in 2023! The deadline is fast approaching on Dec. 31. My office can help you find out if you qualify and apply. We can also help you with your heating bills. Give us a call at 412-781-2750! Read more