Briggs hosts 10th annual Summer Food Drive
KING OF PRUSSIA, May 31 – State Rep. Tim Briggs announced that donations are now being accepted for his 10th annual Summer Food Drive to benefit local food pantries, including the Narberth Community Food Bank and the newly formed Upper Merion Area Community Cupboard.
“Food banks can see greater demand during the summer months, when there are often fewer food drives and donations. Many food organizations also help fill the summer gap for children who might otherwise receive meals at school,” said Briggs, D-Montgomery. “Through this drive, we can help our local food pantries replenish their stock and support our community members in need.”
The food drive runs through the first week of September. Community members are invited to donate non-perishable foods, such as canned fruits and vegetables or soup, and baby food, at the nearest collection site.
The drop-off locations are:
- Briggs’ District Office – 554 Shoemaker Road, Suite 149, King of Prussia
- Bridgeport Borough Hall – 63 W. 4th St., Bridgeport
- West Conshohocken Borough Hall – 112 Ford St., Conshohocken
- Upper Merion Township Library – 175 W. Valley Forge Road, King of Prussia
- Penn Wynne Library – 130 Overbrook Parkway, Wynnewood
- West Norriton Township Building – 1630 W. Marshall St., Norristown
Anyone with questions can call Briggs’ district office at 610-768-3135.