|For the 11th year, my office is holding a summer food drive to benefit local food pantries.
Food banks can see greater demand during the summer months, when there are often fewer food drives and donations. Many food organizations often help fill the summer gap for children who might otherwise receive meals at school.
Together, we can help our local food pantries replenish their stock and support our community members in need.
Now through Labor Day, you can drop off nonperishable food items (unopened and unexpired) at any of the following locations:
- My district office, 554 Shoemaker Road, Suite 149, King of Prussia
- Upper Merion Township Library, 175 W. Valley Forge Road
- Bridgeport Borough hall, 63 W. 4th St., Bridgeport
- West Norriton Township Building, 1630 W. Marshall St., Jeffersonville
- Lower Merion Township Building, 75 E. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore
- Penn Wynne Library, 130 Overbrook Pkwy, Wynnewood
Free summer meals are offered for children 18 and younger at many locations through a U.S. Department of Agriculture program. To find a site near you, click here or text “Summer Meals” to 97779.
As always, feel free to reach out to my office if you need help with any state-related issue.