Burgos to partner with Fox Chase Cancer Center to offer breast cancer screenings
PHILADELPHIA, July 25 – State Rep. Danilo Burgos announced he will partner with Fox Chase Cancer Center to host breast cancer screenings at his district office.
The mobile mammography event will be held outside of Burgos’ office at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16 at 635 W. Erie Ave. Those interested in receiving a breast cancer screening are required to make an appointment.
“Many of us have had either a friend or loved one who has battled this deadly disease. About one in eight women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of their lifetime and some will be diagnosed with it at a young age,” Burgos said. “Early detection is so important in the fight against breast cancer and I am pleased to partner with Fox Chase Cancer Center to offer these lifesaving screenings.”
Additional requirements include:
- Must be 40 or older and provide photo ID and insurance card.
- Prescription from a doctor.
- May not be breast feeding nor have breast fed within the last nine months.
- Must not have had a breast cancer diagnosis within the past three years.
- Must not be under treatment for breast cancer.
- Must not have had a mammogram in 12 months.
- Must be able to board the van and stand while being examined.
To make an appointment or for more information, constituents should contact Burgos’ district office at 215-223-1890.