Burns urges local fire, EMS companies to apply for grant program
Grants can assist companies with facilities, equipment and training costs
HARRISBURG, Sept. 19 – As part of his ongoing efforts to support and assist local fire departments and emergency responders, state Rep. Frank Burns today announced the grant application for the 2019-20 Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program is now open.
“We count on our firefighters and emergency responders – including many who are volunteers – each and every day to respond to all types of emergencies, and I will continue to do all I can to make sure they have the support and resources they need,” Burns said. “I encourage volunteer and career fire companies, emergency medical services and volunteer rescue squads to apply before the October 18 deadline.”
The grant program is offered through the Office of the State Fire Commissioner. Eligible organizations can apply for grants in the following categories:
- Facilities – construction or renovation of a facility, or the purchase or repair of fixtures and furnishings to maintain or improve the ability to provide emergency services.
- Equipment – purchase or repair of firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment.
- Debt Reduction – associated with facility or equipment categories listed above
- Training – training and certification of members.
- Training and Education – collateral and related materials regarding fire prevention for the public.
- Career Departments (only) – overtime costs related to backfilling positions while firefighters attend training.
The deadline to apply online is 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18. To apply, please visit https://www.osfcegrants.state.pa.us/
For more information on the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Services Grant Program, please visit https://www.osfc.pa.gov/Pages/AlertDetails.aspx