Burns: Nominations to be accepted for annual volunteerism award
EBENSBURG, Oct. 18 – State Rep. Frank Burns said his office will accept applications from Nov 1 through Nov. 22 at his Ebensburg office for the fourth annual Charlie Vizzini Volunteerism Award, which honors an outstanding volunteer in the 72nd Legislative District.
Burns, D-Cambria, presented the award last year to Charles Moyer of Ebensburg for his exceptional community and volunteer service, including his service with the local chapters of the United Way and American Red Cross and with the Dauntless Volunteer Fire Co.
Burns began the award in 2016 in honor of its initial recipient Charlie Vizzini, who volunteered more than 8,000 hours in Burns’ legislative office – fielding more than 1,000 constituent service matters and saving taxpayers more than $100,000.
“This is a great way to honor someone who makes our community a better place by stepping up and lending a hand,” Burns said. “If you are or know of someone who should be recognized for their selfless efforts to improve the lives of others, please consider submitting a nomination.”
To be eligible, one must:
- Be a resident living within Burns’ 72nd Legislative District.
- Regularly volunteer to make the community a better place to live.
- Be able to verify any stated volunteerism.
Written nominations should include:
- The name and contact information of the person making the nomination, and the name and contact information for the person being nominated.
- An essay of no more than 1,000 words explaining why the person deserves the award and what they have done for their community.
Nominations are due no later than Friday, Nov. 22 and should be mailed or delivered to Burns’ Ebensburg office, 119 S. Center Street, Ebensburg, PA 15931.
No nominations will be accepted via email.