Ciresi announces more than $175K in state grants approved for 12 local fire, EMS organizations
HARRISBURG, Jan. 22 – State Rep. Joe Ciresi announced grants have been approved to support 12 local volunteer fire and emergency service organizations.
“Our first responders are there to support our residents when tragedy strikes our community,” Ciresi said. “The men and women in these volunteer organizations serve our community and make certain our needs our met on our darkest days, so it’s rewarding to see the state offering much-needed financial support to these local organizations.”
The local organization recipients in 2019-20 include:
- Empire Hook & Ladder Co. 1, Pottstown, fire, $12,878.74.
- Friendship HLH&A Inc., Royersford, EMS, $9,192.44.
- Goodwill Steam Fire Engine Co. No. 1, Pottstown, fire, $12,878.74.
- Goodwill Steam Fire Engine Co. No. 1, Pottstown, EMS, $9,192.44.
- Limerick Fire Department, Limerick, fire, $25,748.03.
- North End Fire Co., Pottstown, fire, $14,248.03.
- Perkiomen Township Fire Co., Perkiomen, fire, $14,248.03.
- Philadelphia Steam Fire Engine Co. 1, Pottstown, fire, $13,974.17.
- Ringing Hill Fire Co., Lower Pottsgrove, fire, $14,248.03.
- Royersford Fire Department, Royersford, fire, $25,748.03.
- Trappe Fire Co. No. 1, Trappe, fire, $14,248.03.
- Trappe Fire Co. No. 1, Trappe, EMS, $8,921.33.
Ciresi noted recipients still need to complete and return original signed copies of their grant agreements by May 31 in order to receive their money. He urged any department that needs help with this requirement to contact his district office.
More information on the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program, including a comprehensive list of recipients across the state, is available online at www.osfc.pa.gov.