Delaware County receives over $600,000 in grants for countywide services
HARRISBURG, Sept. 12 – State Rep. Margo Davidson, chair of the Southeastern PA Democratic Delegation, announced today that critical Delaware County initiatives to reduce gun violence and provide aid to victims of abuse were awarded $623,963 in state funds by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
“When the state invests in programs that work directly with people, they help lift up not just individuals, but the communities in which they live,” said Davidson, D-Delaware.
She said that the grants will expand a gun violence initiative and protect victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, child sexual abuse and senior abuse.
The grants were approved by PCCD at its meeting Wednesday.
The following grant was funded with money from the Gun Violence Reduction Initiative through PCCD:
- Delaware County District Attorney's Office, for its gun violence initiative: $250,000.
The following grants were funded with money from Pennsylvania’s Victims of Crime Act through PCCD:
- Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County Inc., for services for victims of domestic violence: $95,795.
- Family Support Line of Delaware County Inc., for child sexual abuse treatment: $60,314.
- Delaware Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania Legal Services, for sexual abuse victims: $228,321.
- CASA Youth Advocates Inc. for child victim advocacy: $71,422.
- Delaware County for senior victim services: $18,111.