Davidson public safety forum to address human trafficking and drug addiction
UPPER DARBY, Nov. 9 – State Rep. Margo Davidson, D-Delaware, is hosting a public safety forum to address the issues of drug addiction and human trafficking from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 12 at Yeadon Borough Hall, 600 Church Lane, Yeadon.
“The twin scourges of drug addiction, particularly heroin, and human trafficking are affecting our public safety,” Davidson said. “We need to come together as a community to address these problems and my public safety forum will begin those discussions.”
Speakers will include:
- A representative from the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office;
- A professional from Pro-Act, which works to reduce the stigma of addiction and ensure the availability of adequate treatment and recovery support services;
- Attorney Frances M. Minnis of Oxman Goodstadt Kuritz; and
- Hugh Organ, associate executive director of Covenant House Pennsylvania - Human Trafficking Coalition.
Issues to be discussed at the forum include:
- What efforts are being taken to combat these two issues?
- What are the warning signs?
- What are the recovery options for drug addiction?
- How to support victims of human trafficking and prevent its spread.
- How to make your family safe.
For more information and to register call (610) 259-7016 or email email@example.com.