Davis to host free shred event Sept. 29
LEVITTOWN, Sept. 28 – State Rep. Tina Davis, D-Bucks, is holding a free Identity Theft Shredding Event Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Davis’ district office at 4530 New Falls Road, Levittown.
The public is invited to come out tomorrow to safely dispose of personal, unneeded documents. This includes:
- Documents containing Social Security, credit card and bank account numbers;
- Credit card applications;
- Canceled or unused checks;
- Insurance and income tax records;
- Bank and credit card statements; and
- Pension information.
There is a limit of five bags or boxes per person.
“I am holding this event to give my constituents a safe way to dispose of personal documents to prevent the possibility of their identities being stolen,” Davis said. “This event is one way I am helping to protect my community.”
Non-perishable items will also be collected to benefit local food pantries.
For more information, contact her office at 267-580-2660.