DeLissio encourages students to apply for Pennsylvania House Scholarship

PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 22 – State Rep. Pamela A. DeLissio, D-Montgomery/Phila., announces that high school seniors interested in receiving financial assistance for college may want to consider applying for the 2015 Pennsylvania House Scholarship.


The application deadline is March 1.


“It’s the time of year when high school seniors and their families start finalizing college decisions, and one of the biggest decisions to make is about affordability,” she said. “ The Pennsylvania House scholarship program is another resource available to students – and many may not know about it. ”


To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be:

·         A graduating high school senior;

·         A legal resident of Pennsylvania;

·         Attending a Pennsylvania college, university or career school as a full-time student;

·         In good academic standing (minimum 3.0 high school GPA);

·         Involved in extracurricular activities;

·         A leader in the community; and

·         In financial need.


The scholarship program is administered through the Foundation for Enhancing Communities, and applications are available through the foundation’s website at


The Pennsylvania House of Representatives' Scholarship Program enhances educational opportunities for eligible students who reside in Pennsylvania. The program provides four-year scholarships to two high school seniors per year.


I like to keep students aware of every opportunity to excel and reach their goals. The pursuit of higher education can be daunting due to the financial burden it can place on families. I want all students in my district to be aware of this scholarship opportunity.”  


The program is administered by The Greater Harrisburg Foundation (a 501(c)(3) community foundation), and uses Pennsylvania's Tuition Account Plan (TAP 529) to ensure that the scholarships keep pace with tuition inflation. The program is privately funded by individual and corporate donors; no tax or other public funds are used.