East Falls Local Article: We Are Here To Serve

My role as your state representative is to ensure that constituents of the 194th are represented in the law-making process in Harrisburg. The laws that are passed (or not passed) affect our everyday lives. You can view my participation in the legislative process via Facebook- Pam DeLissio and Rep DeLissio, Twitter - @RepDeLissio, Instagram @Rep DeLissio and on my website at www.PAHouse.com/DeLissio, as I endeavor to make your voices heard by using mine. The legislative process is highly nuanced and even though there are House Rules it is amazing to me how often those rules are manipulated to achieve the desired outcome.

While my focus is on being the best legislator I can be, my district staff strive to be the best at delivering constituent services.   

My District Office is located at 6511 Ridge Ave. The office is at the epicenter of the district, no more than about 3 miles from any district border, with plenty of free parking. The office is served by the 9 and 35 SEPTA bus routes. Office hours are 9 to 5 Monday through Friday and by appointment in the evening or on weekends.

Team Pam was working 100% remotely from March 18th until June 5th. Staff are back in the office, rotating for telework throughout the week and we are seeing constituents by appointment only or with curbside pick-up if you need to deliver or pick up paperwork.  We are observing appropriate guidelines for infection control and you must be wearing a mask to enter unless you have a medical reason to not be wearing a mask.  We have disposable masks in the office if you have forgotten your mask at home. 

Leza Perkins, Merle Zucker and Caroline Kelm handle both the mundane as well as the more stressful challenges of ensuring that state government is meeting constituents’ needs.  

If your matter is related to local or federal government, we will make a referral to the appropriate office.

Below are examples of how my office can serve you.  We strive to provide a welcoming, informative, and pleasant experience in helping constituents to untangle and address a variety of state-related issues, particularly when a matter appears to be "stuck on stupid."  

For example, for the past several months, staff have been busy untangling the frustrating and complicated unemployment compensation issues that constituents have encountered. If you need our help with unemployment benefits, please contact us.

My staff can submit your Property Tax/Rent Rebate (PTRR) application and determine your eligibility and complete the application for FREE.  The 2019 PTRR forms are due by December 31. I urge you not to wait until the end of December.

If you find yourself in need of a birth or death certificate, staff can assist with the application, send it to Vital Records for processing and complete in approximately 3 to 4 weeks what often takes 6 to 8 weeks – barring any complications. Birth certificates and death certificates cost $20. 
My office interacts with the state Department of Human Services (DHS) regularly. We work closely with the County Assistance Offices that serve the 194th to facilitate communication and the reams of documentation often required to participate in the programs administered by DHS.

We also help with PennDOT forms and applications. Our most frequent assistance to constituents is helping to apply for a disability placard, vehicle registration, and non-driver and driver photo ID. 

Staff also take photos for the SEPTA Key ID cards. Constituents must be 65 years of age or older and this is by appointment only.

An APPRISE Counselor is available monthly and during the Medicare annual open enrollment period we are scheduling more frequently. Call my office to meet with an APPRISE counselor for a free one-hour appointment.  These appointments are being conducted virtually for the foreseeable future.  

Check for Unclaimed Property! Approximately $2.3 billion dollars is being held by the Pennsylvania State Treasury waiting to be claimed. You can look up information at www.patreasury.gov or ask us to check whether any cash is being held in your name, and we can assist you in putting in the claim.

I am always interested in your thoughts on state policy matters. Please reach us at  215-482-8726, or email me at RepDeLissio@pahouse.net.