DeLuca, Frankel to host Policy Committee roundtable on what drives pharmaceutical costs Friday in Pittsburgh
PITTSBURGH, April 30 – State Representatives Tony DeLuca and Dan Frankel, both D-Allegheny, announced they are hosting a House Democratic Policy Committee public roundtable discussion on pharmaceutical cost drivers.
The roundtable will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, May 3 at the Comfort Inn Conference Center, 699 Rodi Road, Pittsburgh. The public and media are invited to attend.
DeLuca and Frankel requested the meeting as Democratic Chairman of the House Insurance and Health Committees respectively to bring stakeholders and legislative colleagues from across the state to identify what makes prescription drugs so expensive. The discussion will also focus on how to improve patient access to medicines needed.
Panelists scheduled to participate include:
- Corey DeLuca, Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services, Highmark, Inc.
- Lauren Rowley, Vice President of State Affairs, Pharmaceutical Care Management Association
- Erin Ninehouser, Director of Campaigns & Consumer Engagement, PA Health Access Network
- Ashlie VanMeter, Senior Director of State Government Affairs, Association of Accessible Medicines
- Pat Lavella, RPh., Manager of Strategic Pharmacy Initiatives, Value Drug Company
- Dr. Adele Towers, President, Allegheny County Medical Society
- Jessica Brooks,CEO, Pittsburgh Business Group on Health
The meeting is one in a series held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on putting people first by growing good jobs, providing health care access, creating quality schools, and providing training for jobs in a fair economy. Additional information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com.
For more information about the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.