Galloway: $97.9K in school safety grants awarded to area schools
HARRISBURG, Nov. 17 – State Rep. John Galloway, D-Bucks, announced $97,974 in state Safe Schools grants for local schools.
“School safety has always been a top priority,” Galloway said. “This money will help put into place equipment to protect our students and prevent acts of violence.”
The following schools received funding for equipment:
- Abrams Hebrew School $24,465
- St. Andrew Catholic School $23,748
- Archbishop Wood High School $19,604
- Plumstead Christian School $12,404
- St. Joseph/St. Robert Catholic School $5,940
- Upper Bucks Christian School $11,813
The Pennsylvania Department of Education awarded the competitive grants to prevent and reduce violent incidents, to purchase safety and security-related equipment and to provide for training and compensation of school resource and police officers.
For more information, check here.