Galloway announces $500,000 grant for Morrisville School District
HARRISBURG, March 10 – A longtime advocate for education in the 140th legislative district, state Rep. John Galloway, D-Bucks, announced today that $500,000 had been awarded to the Morrisville School District from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
“I’ve long said the smartest investment the state can make to secure a bright economic future is in the education of our young people,” Galloway said. “This $500,000 will make a real impact in students’ lives by improving educational programs in the Morrisville School District.”
Galloway worked with state Rep. Perry Warren, D-Bucks, to secure the grant. The funding comes from the Ready to Learn Block Grant. Eligible funding uses include:
- Establishing, maintaining or expanding quality pre-kindergarten programs.
- Establishing, maintaining or expanding quality kindergarten programs.
- Class size reduction program.
- Social and health services programs.
- Tutoring assistance (during school day).
- Professional development.
- Materials or extended hours for school libraries.
- Elementary school world language programs.
- Career awareness programs.
- Offering Advanced Placement courses.
- Math or Reading programs.
- Improving the academic performance of vulnerable students.
The purpose of the Ready to Learn Block Grant is to enhance learning opportunities for students and provide resources for schools to innovate at the local level.