Recreation, library, beautification, and archival grant funding opportunities for your district
Pennsylvania Environmental Council: Mini-Grants to Celebrate Local Trails Month Events
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations, municipalities, counties, and educational institutions
Use: Event logistics to host a trail event, such as a fun-run or biking event on a rail trail, during the month of September. Not intended for trail maintenance.
Funds: Up to $500
Application Deadline: May 15
More Information: Click https://pecpa.org/press-releases/celebrate-pa-land-trails-this-september/
Pennsylvania Humanities Council: Teen Reading Lounge grants
Eligibility: Public libraries
Use: Program expenses and staffing costs to plan and implement a Teen Reading Lounge series
Application Deadline: May 31
More Information: Click https://pahumanities.org/conversations/2019/04/15/bring-teen-reading-lounge-to-your-public-library
Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful: Fresh Paint Days Beautification Grants
Eligibility: Tax-exempt community groups.
Use: To renew a community structure in need through fresh paint.
Funds: Up to 20 gallons of exterior paint and a gift card for painting supplies.
Application Deadline: June 28
More Information: Click https://www.keeppabeautiful.org/grants-awards/fresh-paint-days/
Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission: Historical & Archival Records Care grant program
Eligibility: Historical societies, libraries, universities, local governments, school districts.
Use: Care of historic Pennsylvania records, records reformatting, and equipment.
Funds: Up to $15,000 with a 50/50 cash or in-kind match. No match required for grants up to $5,000.
Application Deadline: August 1
More Information: Click https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/PHMC-Details.aspx?newsid=338
Upcoming Application Deadlines:
- CFA High Performance Building Program: May 17
- Small businesses, homeowners – To underwrite costs of certified green/LEED buildings
- CFA Greenways, Trails, and Recreation; Abandoned Mine Drainage Abatement and Treatment; Baseline Water Quality Data; Flood Mitigation; Orphan and Abandoned Well Plugging; Sewage Facilities; Watershed Restoration and Protection: May 31
- Municipalities, authorized nonprofits, higher education institutions, watershed organization, businesses
- DEP Alternative Fuels Incentive Vehicle Grants: July 12 & December 13
- School districts, municipal authorities, municipalities, nonprofits, private businesses - To purchase/retrofit vehicles, fueling stations, technology.
- CFA Multimodal Transportation Fund: July 31
- Municipalities, school districts, private businesses, nonprofits, economic development organizations, public transportation agencies, railroad operators, port terminal operators
- DEP 2018 Recycling Performance Grants: September 30
- Municipalities – To reimburse 2018 recycling