Beware of scammers
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry (L&I) has become aware of multiple attempts by fraudsters to obtain individuals’ personal and confidential information through fake Facebook pages and is reminding Pennsylvanians to never provide their information to anyone over social media.
L&I’s Facebook page has a blue check box next to the name that identifies it as a verified page.
- Comments by the legitimate L&I page also have a blue check box next to them indicating it as a verified page. If a comment or page does not have this check box, it is a fraudster posing as L&I.
- L&I does not post responses directly to claimants, send private messages, or ask for a private message to be sent.
- L&I also will not ask individuals to call or text a phone number. The only phone numbers for unemployment are:
- 1-888-313-7284 (for UC/PEUC/EB claimants).
- 1-855-284-8545 (for PUA claimants).
L&I will not ask for individuals to send an email. The only email addresses for unemployment are:
- email@example.com (for UC/PEUC/EB claimants).
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for PUA claimants).