Caltagirone to host joint HDPC-PLBC hearing on affordable housing Monday in Reading
READING, Nov. 26 – State Rep. Tom Caltagirone, D-Berks, announced today he will host a joint House Democratic Policy Committee and Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus public hearing on affordable housing.
The hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2 at Reading Area Community College in the Schmidt Training & Technology Center, Room T-118, 10 S. Second St., Reading. Members of the public and media are invited to attend.
Caltagirone requested the hearing to discuss ways to improve affordable housing across Pennsylvania and decrease blight and homelessness. He will be joined by fellow state legislators, including HDPC Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and PLBC Chairman Stephen Kinsey, D-Phila.
Testifiers will include:
- Brian Twyman, city councilman, Reading Blighted Property Review Committee.
- Stacey Keppen, executive director, Reading Housing Authority.
- Juan Zabala, vice-chairman, Reading Redevelopment Authority.
- Timothy Daley, executive director, Habitat for Humanity of Berks County.
- Barbara Ochoa, home ownership center manager, Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Berks.
- Steve Hellner-Burris, CEO, Rebuilding Together
- Levana Layendecker, deputy director, Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania.
- Gerald Cross, executive director, PA Economy League.
- Lynne Shedlock, communications director/research associate, PA Economy League.
This hearing is among a series being held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, which is focused on putting people first with good jobs, affordable health care, quality schools and a fair economy. For more information, visit www.plan4pa.com and www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.