House Democratic Policy Committee, PA Legislative Black Caucus to hold fifth hearing on Police Reform Thursday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, Aug. 18 –State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and State Rep. Stephen Kinsey, D-Phila., announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee and the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus will hold its fifth hearing Thursday on police reform and community solutions.
Requested by state Rep. Patty Kim, D-Dauphin, HDPC Chairman Sturla and PLBC Chairman Kinsey said this hearing will focus on the Harrisburg region.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 20 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are urged to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Testifiers and members will participate in-person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Brenton Lipscomb, community activist, Black Lives Matter
- Kevin Dolphin, founder and CEO, Breaking the Chainz Inc.
- Jonathan Lee, associate professor and professor-in-charge of Criminal Justice Program, Penn State Harrisburg, School of Public Affairs
- Stephen Bishop, senior associate, Juvenile Justice Strategy Group at The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Juan Colon, national director of Opioids and Illegal Drug Solutions, SAS Institute
Following the hearing, testimony and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.