Krueger announces state grants for local fire, EMS organizations
FOLSOM, Jan. 17 – State Rep. Leanne Krueger today announced state grants awarded to support local fire and emergency service companies.
Grants from the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Program can be used for purposes including facilities work, equipment purchases, debt reduction and training. The grants are administered by the Office of the State Fire Commissioner.
“Our fire and emergency services organizations provide crucial aid to our communities – running toward dangerous situations to keep the rest of us safe. But they need our support now more than ever,” said Krueger, D-Delaware. “I’m pleased to see this funding awarded to help our fire and EMS organizations do their incredible work, and I’ll continue to work to support these agencies.”
The following are local recipients for 2019-20:
- Aston Township Fire Company - $25,748 (fire) and $9,192 (EMS).
- Brookhaven Fire Company - $12,850 (fire) and $9,192 (EMS).
- Folsom Fire Company - $13,015.
- Garden City Fire Company - $14,111.
- Holmes Fire Company - $14,111 (fire) and $9,192 (EMS).
- Milmont Fire Company No. 1 - $11,509.
- South Media Fire Company No. 1 - $14,248.
- Swarthmore Fire & Protective Association - $14,248 (fire) and $9,192 (EMS).
- Woodlyn Fire Company - $13,974 (fire) and $9,192 (EMS).
Krueger noted that recipients still need to complete and return original signed copies of their grant agreements by May 31 in order to receive their money. She urged any department that needs help with this requirement to contact her district office.
More information, including a comprehensive list of recipients across the state, is available here.