Lee to host Policy Committee hearing on wage growth Thursday in Braddock
BRADDOCK, Jan. 15 – State Rep. Summer Lee, D-Allegheny, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing on wage growth in Pennsylvania.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17 at Unity Baptist Church, 420 Fifth St., Braddock. The media and public are invited to attend.
Lee requested the hearing to discuss increasing the minimum wage, establishing a living wage, how wage boards can help create truly fair wages for all workers and other suggestions for wage growth in the Commonwealth.
She will be joined by state legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster. The current agenda is:
2 p.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
2:10 p.m. Jennifer Berrier, deputy secretary for Safety and Labor-Management Relations,
Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
2:40 p.m. Panel One:
- Chad Trainer, legislative director, Pennsylvania AFL-CIO
- Steve Kelly, member, 32BJ
- Shirley Jones, member, SEIU Healthcare PA
- Clive March, member, SEIU Healthcare PA
- John Mutchka, dietary worker, UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
3:20 p.m. Panel Two:
- David Madland, Ph.D., senior fellow, Center for American Progress
- Logan Bialik, graduate student assistant, University of Pittsburgh
3:50 p.m. Closing Remarks
For more information about the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.