Markosek to hold Policy Committee hearing on transportation Thursday in Monroeville
MONROEVILLE, March 11 – State Rep. Brandon Markosek, D-Allegheny, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public forum to discuss transportation in Allegheny County and throughout the state.
The forum will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 14 at the Monroeville Municipal Building, Council Chambers, 2700 Monroeville Blvd. The media and public are invited to attend.
Markosek requested the hearing to discuss how state and local governments could improve public safety and the economy by investing in transportation improvement projects. He will be joined by state legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
The current agenda is:
2 p.m. Welcome and opening remarks
2:10 p.m. Panel one:
- Cheryl Moon Sirianni, District 11 executive, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Charles Duncan, director of legislative affairs, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
2:40 p.m. Panel two:
- Katharine Kellemen, CEO, Port Authority of Allegheny County
- Mary Ann Bucci, executive director, Port of Pittsburgh Commission
3:10 p.m. Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County executive
3:30 p.m. Panel three:
- Richard Barcaskey, executive director, Constructors Association of Western PA
- Chris Petrone, legislative director, Local 66 IUOE
- Dan Laird, project management/legislative outreach coordinator, A&A Consultants
4:20 p.m. Closing remarks
The meeting is one in a series held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on putting people first, good jobs, health care access, quality schools and job training, and a fair economy. Additional information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com.
For more information about the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.