House Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing on pre-K funding Tuesday in Wyncote
HARRISBURG, March 9 – State Rep. Steve McCarter, D-Montgomery, today announced the agenda for the House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing on pre-K funding in Pennsylvania, which will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 10 at Curtis Hall, 1250 W. Church Road, Wyncote, PA 19095.
McCarter requested the hearing and will serve as co-chairperson along with House Democratic Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster. McCarter said the hearing will focus on the importance of pre-K funding and what can be done to ensure it receives proper funding in Pennsylvania. Gov. Tom Wolf has proposed increasing funding for early childhood education by $120 million in the 2015-16 state budget.
The current hearing agenda is:
2 p.m. Welcome and opening remarks
2:10 p.m. Tracy Campanini, director of Bureau of Early Learning Services, Pennsylvania Departments of Education and Human Services
2:30 p.m. Panel One:
- Maddy Malis, president & CEO of Federation Early Learning Services (FELS) and co-chair of the Southeastern PA Early Childhood Coalition
- Mary Jo Grieve, public policy field organizer, Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children
- Dr. Beth DelConte, MD, FAAP, pediatric advisor for Early Childhood Education Linkage Systems (ECELS)/Healthy Child Care PA, PA Chapter-American Academy of Pediatrics
3:20 p.m. Panel Two:
- Barbara Saverino, director of public policy, United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- Bruce Clash, Pennsylvania state director, Fight Crime: Invest in Kids
4 p.m. Closing remarks