McClinton hosting veterans resource fair Nov. 17
PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 4 – State Rep. Joanna McClinton, D-Phila/Delaware, is hosting a veterans resource fair and luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17 at Myers Recreation Center, 5803 Kingsessing Ave., Philadelphia.
A number of local organizations focusing on veterans and their needs are scheduled to attend, including:
• Veterans Multi-Service Center;
• The Veterans Group;
• Philadelphia Veterans Comfort House;
• Veterans Administration Philadelphia Regional Benefits Office;
• Philadelphia Veterans Administration Medical Center;
• Philadelphia Gas Works;
• Project Home – Philadelphia Alliance for Supportive Services for Veterans Families;
• Turning the TIDE; and
• Fathers Finding Their Families.
Free health screenings, including blood pressure and glucose levels, also will be offered.
"This is a great opportunity for veterans to ensure they are taking advantage of all the benefits they earned for their service," McClinton said. "I look forward to talking with them, learning their stories and recognizing them for their courage under fire."
Since a lunch is being provided, an RSVP is encouraged. Veterans are asked to please contact McClinton's office at (215) 748-6712 to reserve a space.
McClinton's staff also will be available to assist with any issues regarding state agencies, such as PennDOT.